The songs on this album are taken from a recording session that took place 20 years ago on January 1st, 1998. Tracks were selected from the original recording session for the eventual release of VICTIM DESTROYS ASSAILANT on October 31st, 1998.
(*VICTIM DESTROYS ASSAILANT currently sold out as a CD, but still available as a downloadable album on the site).
Not all the songs from that session were chosen to be featured on the VICTIM DESTROYS ASSAILANT album, and so they sat in storage for 20 years. For the first time since then, these songs are now being made public for Hideous fans to listen to and own themselves.
- There are 14 tracks in all featured on THE JANUARY SESSIONS ~ 1998 album.
- 3 of them have never been heard before.
- Out of those 3 only 1 was performed live in concert… once.
- 4 tracks are covers.
- 6 are outtakes and versions of songs featured on Empire Hideous albums: ONLY TIME WILL TELL and VICTIM DESTROYS ASSAILANT
- And 1 track is a first time version of a song released on Hideous’ SAY YOUR PRAYERS album.
I hope you will enjoy this album. It’s raw and dirty sounding as everything was recorded live in the recording studio that fateful day, 20 long years ago. – MH